Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Thomas Jefferson, Letter to John Page (July 15, 1763)

From The Founders, Religion and Government:




"If I am to succeed, the sooner I know it, the less uneasiness I shall have to go through. If I am to meet with a disappointment, the sooner I know it, the more of life I shall have to wear it off: and if I do meet with one, I hope in God, and verily believe; it will be the last."
~ Thomas Jefferson, Letter to John Page (July 15, 1763); published in The Works of Thomas Jefferson (1905)

This week you will see quite a few posts from Thomas Jefferson on the topic of God and religion. Someone on this page made the claim that Jefferson did not believe in God. Let the facts speak for themselves. 

#Founding #Founder #UnitedStates #America #UnitedStatesOfAmerica #USA 




No comments:

Post a Comment